MIJE health commitment charter - Covid-19
Stay safe in our hostels!
In order to make the most of your stay with complete peace of mind, MIJE has set up a health protocol in its establishments.
MIJE is also a signatory of the PARIS Tourist Office charter Charte Caring Attitude and the Declaration of Health Protocol of the WYSE (International Organisation of Actors in Educational Travel).
- Everyone must wear a mask (from 6 years old upwards for children) in all indoor and outdoor common areas (including eating areas and sanitary facilities)
- Comply with precautionary measures (washing your hands regularly, coughing or sneezing into your sleeve or into a disposable handkerchief)
- Respect a minimum physical distance of one metre between each person in circulation areas and shared spaces
- Use the soap/alcohol-based hand sanitizer made available
- Limit the use of the lift to one person at a time
Before your arrival
- Receptionist teams trained in health protocols,
- Prior to your arrival, all rooms are fully disinfected with a virucidal product that meets the EN 14476 standard
- Our receptionists wear face masks, wash their hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer on the arrival of each new client, respect precautionary measures and social distancing
- Plexiglas protective screen installed in the reception areas
- All clients arriving at reception are invited to wash their hands using alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- The credit card terminal and returned room cards are disinfected every time they are used
- Contactless credit card payment is recommended
- Use your own pen
During your stay
- A reinforced cleaning protocol in the sanitary facilities and common areas of our hostels, with regular disinfection of all points of contact: door handles, switches, soap dispensers
- Weather permitting, air your room for 15 minutes every day,
- Comply with the breakfast schedule defined at your arrival, and with the placement instructions given by our staff, in order to respect social distancing between each group of guests
- No member of our staff will enter your room during your stay. If you wish to change your bed linen during your time with us, you will have to make a request by telephone to the reception desk to organise the change of bed linen
- Report any symptoms of COVID 19 by telephone to the reception desk in order to initiate the procedure for treatment by the competent medical body.
- Put the magnetic room card into the dedicated urn
- Pay the balance of your stay, if necessary